I made pumpkin cookies today.
First time making them and they rule.
Here’s what I did.
- Took 1 small pumpkin, cut a lid in the top, cleaned the guts out and then cut it in half. Put the other half off to the side. With the half pumpkin, scrape the inside thoroughly and then peel off the outer skin. Once that’s done, cut it into small pieces and blend the shit out of it (make sure its purée)
- Get 2 bowls. One medium sized the other large.
- In the medium sized bowl put in, 2.5 cups of all purpose flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg, and 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In the large bowl, beat 1 stick of very soft butter and 1 cup of brown sugar until its smooth as silk.
- Once you get that done, slowly add the 1 cup (or 1.5 cups) of pumpkin purée, 1 egg (or two) and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. (or 2.5 like I did for extra vanilla) Stir it up and mix it until its smooth. Once that pumpkin hits the mixture, funny things will happen in terms of texture, but its fine, just make sure its well mixed.
- Finally, slowly start adding the flour mixture that was prepared at the start. Making sure you stir it well and it all mixes into one big delicious cookie dough.
Now the fun part:
- Oven goes on at 350° F.
- Get a baking sheet (or sheets), smear some coconut oil (or something greasy) on it and by tablespoon size (I used a ice cream scooper) start planting your dough balls down.
- Stick ’em in the oven and watch them babies grow. Bake anywhere between 15-25mins.
Let em cool down and enjoy. You can throw in extra stuff like I did after the 1st batch. Raisins, oat bran, bran, pumpkin seeds, chocolate chips, etc…